Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Its about time for a new update...

Indulgz @ Tan Quee Lan St.

Well this place just opened not too long ago, and guess what, my sec sch friend's the boss. Guess what... I've been there 3 times already. Yep. And quote from the lady boss herself "You've tried almost everything on the menu." Uh yea so I guess that makes me qualified to critique about the food I guess. Try the Stuffed Portabello. That is the one thing you need to try, and also the rib eye steak, and the really really good brownie and ice cream. Right.. about the stuffed portabello, its juicy and flavourful, the stuffing with the right about of spices (rosemary my favourite). The greens were done nicely too but just a tad on the oily side, but its not scary oily. The mashed potatoes are mashed every morning by the chef and you can taste the chunks in it. Best mashed potatoes in my opinion. The rib eye steak was fabulous too. the steak itself is marinated well and there isn't a need for any sauce to go along with the steak. The brownie oh my god the brownie! Its crispy on the outside but really soft and HOT inside. Almost melts in your mouth. Add delicious vanilla ice cream.... WOOT! Other favourites (not only mine but all the ohter people i brought there, including family) include the crispy pasta - a creation of the chef, the double cabonara, with double the sin. (Some say you can triple it too if you really want it!) potato salad made with fresh potatoes (think crunchy), cheese fondue with lots of wine, dark choco fondue.

Going there again next sat I think. Gotta get me the brownie again!!!

1 comment:

Johnny Ong said...

rib eye - the best part of the cow