Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Today is my Dad's birthday! Happy birthday Father!

Now since I'm updating my blog lets put some random incidents that happened... Today (2oth Dec) at one of the train stations, me and Bernard witnessed this really hilarious (to me) incident. There was this man walking towards a woman, looking to the right, and the woman walking towads the man, also looking right... Well what do you know... the next moment, they collided! That's of course not funny... what's funny is that the man's spectacles broke! This happened like right in front of us and I was trying hard not to smile (Ok i felt sorry for the man too... but he really should look where he is going.)

Today we also had Changgu lessons.... and as usual developed an ache in the left upper arm. The Changgu teacher showed us his shoulders... the left was bigger than the right! ok.... and not enough.. he also plays this small gong thing, which uses the right hand to hit with a mallet.. and that forearm was larger than the other. So he has a big left shoulder and a big right forearm. The sacrifices artists make.....

Brought doughnuts up to Arko. Predictably, Jinju was the one who was the happiest to see us... cos we were carrying a large box of Krispy Kreme. Otherwise.... *ahem* Too bad Mr. Jang's away on holiday...... I'm sure the dozen doughnuts won't survive today... not with HER around :P (don't look at me.. she admitted it too)

Oh ok and we got dinner in the hostel! Well some of us anyway... we paid 87400 Wons for a month's worth of dinner.. really worth it :) So now lunch is at the National Institute for Traditional Korean Music at 3500 Wons per lunch and 2300 Wons per dinner at the hostel. Barring accidental expenses... I should be able to save a tidy sum to get presents for all those who deserve them! OrI'll get myself a really nice Moeck treble recorder. Hmmm decisions decisions....

The weekend (weekends always include Monday by the way) passed quite peacefully, except last night.... There was a X'mas party hosted by Hongik University's KIMCHI, which is an acronym for something which I forgot.. but it deals with international students... It was held at this small club and it was fine.. cept that quite a lot of people didn't really dance much.. I mean... its a club people!! Well some of them were quite ok so thats fine...

Quick change! the price for the dinner just dropped to 69000 Wons.. Some confusion at the moment.

Next update is about my birthday! (Who said that blogs have to be in chronological order anyway?)

No comments: